Wednesday 25 October 2017

100 blog posts!!! What are you going to get out of this?

Well, this is the big 1-0-0! 

100 blog posts.

... ok well actually this is going to be a REALLY short Blog Post :D

To give myself a reason to pat myself on the back for reaching this milestone I thought I would offer my services to the community.

So, I've decided to do this:

In one week after this post goes live (so the 30th October) I'm going to put the names of every one of my 'followers' (that's those who have chosen to follow my posts) into a hat and I'm going to draw a random name.

I am then going to offer that person my services to paint one unit of any scale. 

It may be a regiment of Napoleonic Infantry, it may be a Chaos warband, it doesn't matter to me what it is. You will send me the figures and I will paint, package and send them right back. 

The only caveat that I will make is that the troops must have a uniform look and not be a collection of individual pieces of art such as Games Workshop Grail Knights that all have their own costume designs completed by the V&A Museum staff!

I really felt that I wanted to give something back a bit because I really appreciate the experience that I have had through this blog and the social media communities that it has helped me be a part of. 

When I started this back in 2015 I thought that it just may be nice to have somewhere to record all of my colour schemes that I was using in my various armies but for me its become a lot more than that.

Over time I have made friends (albeit social media only) through my blog and it has helped put me in touch with a lot of people I thoroughly enjoy talking to who I otherwise would not have had the chance to talk to at all.

Ive met some great people like Johnnie and Kevin from the Flames of War Painting Group and Mark from House of Hengist and Achtung Panzer, Ljevid from Dropzone Commander and a lot more besides.

Now I think I probably get a lot more value from all of you than you probably get from me so I think I should in some way try to thank you all for being a part of this journey that I've been on.

Long story short: Follow my blog and in a weeks time you will be put into a 'prize draw' to take a little painting weight off of your shoulders... if you think you would like to of course. If you don't want to make use of my services I will certainly not hold it against you :D



11 comments:

  1. Nice one bro.... Kev and i are doing something similar for Christmas on the painting group.... as you say its good to give back ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a generous and motivating offer! I suggest you create an FB page, don't use your personal page, and link it to repost from your blog. I do that with with https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/ and link my posts to https://www.facebook.com/Gears-Guts-229252220422916/. But blogging frequently -- that's the trick I don't have down yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John, thanks for the advice. I was considering a Facebook page but with all of the pages I follow I felt it would have been somewhat redundant. Mind you if you can auto repost blog pposts that would be a handy thing to have wouldnt it?

      If you want in on the draw though you need to become a follower of the blog as its only names in that list Ill be drawing from (less Kevin and Johnnie of course :D )

      Delete
  3. im really glad this blog exists; between Anatoli and yourself there's been an immeasurable amount of help crossing the desret that is building an Early War Poles army. There really isn't a lot of content out there on this subject(in English, anyway) and you've both been invaluable in the historical research aspect as well as the modelling part. For one, you convinced me to use 3 horses on my taczankas.... can't wait to show off the completed product. Thanks again, here's to another 100 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im just happy its of some use to someone Joel. Alex is a good guy and I think everybody should be on their knees for what he did to raise Polands profile in Flames of War. Hes moved into other games now but he still keeps his eye in from what he told me the last time I spoke to him.

    I just cant seem to shake my love of Poland though, I think thats partly because she who must be obeyed is Polish though. So I guess Ill keep plugging away as long as I see a need to :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I really need to make 52 new accounts or do you accept your inevitable fate and declare me the lucky winner?! By the way - I found the reason I couldn't comment - your quiet days are over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joe, Nice to see you finally figured it out. What was the issue?

      The winner has already been picked and Ive made contact with him but Im waiting for him to come back to me before I announce who it is! Apparently hes slow to read. Im going to nudge him again today :D

      Delete
    2. Aww... Crap... There goes your chance to paint some Norman Knights from V&V Miniatures. They are absolutely beautiful.
      Will you pick again if he doesn't answer? Maybe he got run over by a black Mercedes X class with tinted windows, red leather seats and a great sound system by bose. ;)

      The issue was with Firefox. I usually log in there and somehow blogspot & GMail couldn't communicate on Firefox. It works with Chrome.

      Delete
  6. What do the first 2 sexist pictures have to do with the article?

    ReplyDelete